All computer owners want their computer to run faster. Don’t go buying a new computer yet, there’s still hope, and you can get it run faster without craning or freezing. It may sound like a dream, but it’s pretty easy to do and above all, you will save a lot of money by not buying a new computer. There is a lot of information highlighted below that can help you to make your computer run faster than ever.
Invest in Good Hardware
Hardware wise, it would be a good idea to invest in quality hardware upgrades for your computer to make your computer run faster. If you purchased your computer some one year ago, chances are, the hardware inside the casing has probably already gone obsolete.
Hardware that you can choose to invest in would include a module of RAM (random access memory), a new CPU chip or a new graphics card. The former two are necessary for all computer users as it enables computer programs to operate smoothly and be accessed at faster speeds. The role of the graphics card in boosting computer speeds can perhaps only apply to the computer gamer or graphics designer.
Consider a Dedicated Graphics Card
A dedicated graphics card frees up memory space when processing memory-intensive graphic details or three-dimensional objects. In any case, for the casual computer user, purchasing an additional module of RAM or upgrading your CPU chip would produce immediate returns through means of a noticeably faster computer.
Keep Your Desktop Clean
It would be a good idea to minimize the number of objects on your desktop especially if you are running substantially older computers.
Desktop icons consume a relatively large amount of resource and can result in noticeably slower start up times when you power up your computer. Minimize the number of shortcut icons placed on your desktop by removing those that are used the least frequently. Wallpapers on a desktop are also a cause for slow computer processing speeds.
High-resolution wallpapers can cause a great strain to your computer’s resources. The higher the resolution, the larger the file space and the greater the subsequent strain on your system’s resources. Remove all these and you would find yourself with a faster computer.
Keep Your Hard Drives Clean
Provide sufficient space for the hard disk with which you installed your computer’s operating system. For instance, if you have installed Windows XP in Drive C, avoid over clogging this particular drive by installing too many software. Insufficient hard disk space where the computer’s operating system is installed often leads to slow computer processing speeds.
Give your operating system some allowance. If possible, partition your hard disk into two and install the bulk of your applications or store your files in the partition of the hard disk that does not contain the computer’s operating systems.
Mac Users: Try CleanMyMac
Windows Users: Try CCleaner
Maintain Your Computer to Keep it Running Faster
You can run anti-virus, anti-adware, and or anti-spyware programs on your computer. Viruses, adware, and spyware all greatly contribute to a computer’s decreased levels of functioning, and they are all known to slow down a computers’ overall performance.
You should also perform regular maintenance activities such as running a weekly registry cleaner or disk defragmentation exercise. Clutter tends to occur when programs are installed and subsequently deleted.
Such clutter tends to clog up the computer’s memory resulting in slower processing speeds. Deal with this issue by maintaining your computer regularly, and you will be rewarded with a faster computer. Whether you hire a computer specialist like you to hire a mechanic or do it yourself here are so vital tips to keep your computer system up and running in top condition.
Tips to keep your computer system up and running in top condition
- Firstly, make sure your computer is updated with the proper computer protection. You can choose to purchase anti-virus protection for your computer or consider the free online versions. Both can be scheduled to perform regular updates that work to prevent updated viruses from infecting your computer.
- Anti-virus protection helps to detect, remove and prevent spyware on your computer. A firewall can also be installed to prevent people and malicious programs from making changes to your computer system. The regular scans that are performed by these programs also help to find an eliminate infections.
- Regular file clean-up is also necessary to help keep your computer performing well. This will eliminate the build-up of files from websites and downloads which slow down computer use and internet browsing while increasing the overall speed of the scans that your computer is set to run regularly to update software and virus protection.
- Disable startup programs that no longer are needed upon startup. Your computer will start to bog down when unnecessary programs are installed and continue to run upon start up. Programs get installed through mischievous practices that often go unnoticed by computer users.
- How many times have you been asked to download something that will supposedly make the computer run faster? Many of these are secretly downloaded coupon menus and other crazy installations that you have downloaded.
Therefore, speeding up your computer is not a difficult task. All it requires is the due diligence and consistency. Doing so will enable your computer to run faster, giving you greater returns in the long run.